February 2023 Newsletter
Love is in the air. It’s a great time to make some plans for the love of your life. We are back with a new easy recipe, town events, and winter camping.
Cast Iron Brats with Peppers & Onions
Prep time: 5 minutes; Cook time: 20 minutes; Total time: 25 minutes. Total Servings: 4 servings.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced into half moons
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and sliced lengthwise
- 1 poblano pepper, deseeded and sliced lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb bratwurst
- Sandwich rolls or buns
- Preheat a cast iron skillet over medium heat on your campfire grate (or camp stove). Add oil, onions, peppers, and salt. Cook for a few minutes until they begin to soften, then add the bratwurst, nestling them into the vegetables, so they come in contact with the skillet.
- Turn the brats and stir the vegetables occasionally until the brats are cooked thoroughly (internal temp of 160°F), 15-20 mins.
- Remove from heat and divide the brats and veggies among the sandwich rolls.
- Top with mustard, and enjoy!
Thompson Boiling Arena
Thu, Feb 2, 7:30-11:30 PM; Knoxville Civic Auditorium and Coliseum; 500 Howard Baker Jr. Ave, Knoxville, TN.
Stevie Nicks Tickets Are On Sale
Thompson Boiling Arena
Concert Date: Tuesday, May 16, 2023; Tickets here.
Reasons You Should Go Camping In The Winter
Going RV camping can be fun and exciting at any time of the year. Many RVers shy away from camping in the winter because they are concerned about the restraints of cold-weather camping. In the opinion of some RV campers, there is no better time to experience the joys of mother nature at her nest. Most RVers cannot stand the thought of being away from their RV all winter. If you have never experienced an RV trip in the dead of winter, this will offer you compelling reasons you should. If you are one of them, check out these compelling reasons you should plan on RV camping in the cold of winter.
- One of the biggest reasons for RVing in the winter is being able to save tons of money. RV parks often offer deep discounts during the winter, which can allow you to spend your saved money on fun and good food.
- Another reason that drives people to RV during the winter is the lack of tourist crowds. Most people plan their vacations during the warm months, so winter travel offers a more peaceful interaction with nature and the sites along the way.
- Some RVers prefer camping in the winter because of the lack of pests they must deal with. No mosquitos, snakes, and other unwanted pests can be a strong drawing point. At least you won’t have to pack your bug spray.
- If you love snowy weather, what better time to RV? Imagine staying warm and cozy in your RV and watching the snow fall over the mountains! For some, this is the reason that gets them on the road every time.
- The health benefits of traveling in colder weather are also a factor to consider. Breathing in cool air offers amazing benefits to your health. Some people feel more alive when the weather around them is ice cold.