July 2023 Newsletter
We have some exciting things happening around the campground! We also have another great camping recipe and a sneak peek of our new restrooms!
BBQ Chicken Stuffed Baked Potatoes
Tender bites of barbecue chicken, stuffed into a fluffy baked potato with a perfectly crispy skin make these Stuffed Baked Potatoes a perfect meal!
Prep Time: 15 minutes. Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes: Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes.
- 6 large russet potatoes
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped bite-size
- 2 cups barbecue sauce, store-bought or homemade
- Optional toppings: sour cream, shredded cheese, chopped fresh chives
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Scrub the potatoes to remove all dirt and then rinse and dry thoroughly. Poke several holes into each potato with a fork and then place them on a baking sheet. Drizzle the potatoes lightly with oil. Generously sprinkle each potato with salt and then place in the oven. Bake for just over an hour, until fork tender. They should be crisp on the outside and tender inside.
- When the potatoes are almost finished baking, place the cooked and chopped chicken in a medium-size saucepan and cover with barbecue sauce. Stir gently to combine and warm over low heat until steaming hot, this should take less than 10 minutes. Add more sauce as desired, until the chicken is as saucy as you like.
When the potatoes are nished, remove from the oven and slice each one down the center and uff with a fork. Top each potato with the barbecue chicken mixture. For ease of serving, you can also simply chop a baked potato onto a plate and top with the chicken. Garnish with cheese, sour cream and chives as desired. Enjoy!
2023 Festival on the 4th