November 2023 Newsletter
Daylight savings time has ended and days are getting shorter, and the holidays are just around the corner. We’ve included activities to do around town and a quick and easy recipe for you!
Slow Cooker Turkey & Stuffing Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes; Cook Time: 4 hours; Total Time: 4 hours 15 minutes
- 1 pound turkey breast (if you don’t have turkey, you can always substitute chicken)
- 5 cups herb-seasoned stuffing
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms sliced (optional – but they are delicious!)
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery finely sliced
- 1 apple finely diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces turkey gravy (from a jar)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and place the turkey breast in the bottom of the crock pot.
- In a large separate bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients.
- Spread over turkey breast in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Thompson Boling Arena
When: November 16, 2023; Time: 7:30 PM
Thompson Boiling Arena
When: November 24, 2023; Time: 7:30 PM
Advice For Winter In An RV
Decide whether your RV needs to be winterized – and learn what that actually means.
You’ll probably see the phrase “winterizing your RV” when planning a road trip someplace chilly. Your task is to figure out if your RV has already been winterized, and whether it needs to be.
Winterizing your RV means you’ve taken steps such as:
- Emptying water tanks
- Draining the water heater and water lines
- Disabling plumbing in order to prevent the pipes (which run along the undercarriage of the RV) from bursting or being destroyed
- Insulate your RV properly
- Prepare your pipes and tanks so they don’t freeze